There’s no mandatory teacher preparation for this assembly. (Can you hear shouts of happy teachers now?)
To make the most of the students’ writing enthusiasm when the students go back to class, teachers can
- Review the main parts of speech with the students before the assembly. Other optional materials are provided to the teachers well before the assembly.
- Schedule a writing assignment for when the students return to class from the assembly.
- Lead their class in the Story Invention Game using regular paper or my worksheets.
- Print out one of my Story Starters, and combine writing with a little arts and crafts!
- Help the students enter the contest online or on paper with one of my free worksheets.
Parents can also help!